The Lunchbox (Rated PG)
The Lunchbox (Rated PG)
A very special event that will see the Gold Class Cinemas transported to the streets of India in an incredible feast for the senses.
Set against the rich tapestry of Mumbai and its curious culinary delivery system, where “tiffin wallahs” deliver lunchboxes of hot food to workers from homes and restaurants, this romantic drama was an unexpected charmer. The New York Times commented that it “puts Old Hollywood style in a Mumbai that has escaped the cyber world,” as a muddled delivery connects a middle-class housewife and a man in the dusk of his life, through food and scribbled notes.
For this event to be hosted in four Saturday night sessions in GOLD CLASS, we are partnering with Inglewood’s Chakra Restaurant to deliver an incredible Indian menu using WA produce to be served before and throughout the film; expect the scents of India to transport you to the screen in this truly immersive dining and screening experience.
Guests to this screening will be greeted by roving trays of nibbles including Leeuwin Coast Akoya oysters, Pani Puri, fritter bites, fried flat naan bites and start the night with a glass of WA wine or beer. Non-alcoholic options will also be available. You’ll then head into the cinema and be treated to the following amazing menu from Chakra served in a THALI ( an open form of Lunchbox)
ROSE MALLEE BEEF SAMOSA CONE
Carom seeds cone, tarka beef, sautéed onion, tomato, date tamarind chutney - df
Mains Thali (an open 'Lunchbox')
Double marinated duck cooked in rich & mild cashew nuts curry, fried curry leaves, pomegranate - gf
Burnt coal whole herbed creamy tomato curry, roasted fenugreek, onion seeds - gf
LAMB ROGAN JOSH KOFTA
Lamb kofta cooked in kashmiri spiced curry, ratanjot, ghee, fennel, saffron - gf
Cauliflower, peas, potato subzi cooked in tarka - gf, df
Kashmiri pulao, Beetroot chutney - gf Cucumber raita, Turmeric paratha
Spongy milk dumplings in saffron and cardamom reduced condensed milk, gold leaf, pistachios, slivered almonds, pistachio candy floss - gf
with exceptional wines from WA vineyards and some of WA's top breweries.
This event is strictly limited to 120 seats over the four-sessions and will sell out! Be quick.
• This is an 18+ event as each ticket includes two glasses of wine. One glass will be served on arrival, with the other during the session. Guests are asked to specify on check-in which wine variety they would like to receive with their meal
• Non-alcoholic drink options are available including non-alcoholic wine. These do not reduce the cost of the ticket price
• Wine can be substituted for beer, if of preference
• Unfortunately, we cannot make variations to the food offering
• Dessert is included
• All efforts will be made to not disturb the viewing of the film; however seat service is a requirement in Gold Class Cinemas; we will do our best to make sure your viewing experience is a pleasant one!
• Tickets are non-refundable, however can be transferred. In the event of a CV-19 stay at home order, tickets will be refunded
• Questions about the screening can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org