The Lunchbox (Rated PG)
The Lunchbox (Rated PG)
A very special event that will see the Gold Class Cinemas transported to the streets of India in an incredible feast for the senses.
Set against the rich tapestry of Mumbai and its curious culinary delivery system, where “tiffin wallahs” deliver lunchboxes of hot food to workers from homes and restaurants, this romantic drama was an unexpected charmer. The New York Times commented that it “puts Old Hollywood style in a Mumbai that has escaped the cyber world,” as a muddled delivery connects a middle-class housewife and a man in the dusk of his life, through food and scribbled notes.
For this event to be hosted in four Saturday night sessions in GOLD CLASS, we are partnering with Inglewood’s Chakra Restaurant to deliver an incredible Indian menu using WA produce to be served before and throughout the film; expect the scents of India to transport you to the screen in this truly immersive dining and screening experience.
Guests to this screening will be greeted by roving trays of nibbles including Pani poori, house-made fenugreek cracker bites and chicken meatballs and start the night with a glass of WA wine or beer. Non-alcoholic options will also be available. You’ll then head into the cinema and be treated to the following amazing menu from Chakra served in a THALI ( an open form of Lunchbox)
Nibbles on Arrival
House-made fenugreek cracker bites, date & tamarind chutney Mango pickled chicken meatballs
Pani poori, wheat bubbles with spiced water
Beef Samosa Cone, Carom seeds cone, beef tadka, date & tamarind chutney
Mains Thali- an open Lunchbox
Smokey Butter Chicken
Lamb Rogan Josh
Kofta Duck Korma
Kashmiri Pulao, Cucumber Raita, Poori
Pannacotta Rasmalia, spongy milk dumplings in saffron pannacotta, rose syrup, golden dust
with exceptional wines from WA vineyards and beers from some of WA's top breweries.
This event is strictly limited to 60 seats over the two-sessions and will sell out! Be quick.
• This is an 18+ event as each ticket includes two glasses of wine. One glass will be served on arrival, with the other during the session. Guests are asked to specify on check-in which wine they would like to receive with their meal
• Non-alcoholic drink options are available including non-alcoholic wine. These do not reduce the cost of the ticket price
• Wine can be substituted for beer, if of preference
• Unfortunately, we cannot make variations to the food offering
• Dessert is included
• All efforts will be made to not disturb the viewing of the film; however seat service is a requirement in Gold Class Cinemas; we will do our best to make sure your viewing experience is a pleasant one!
• Tickets are non-refundable, however can be transferred. In the event of a CV-19 stay at home order, tickets will be refunded
• Questions about the screening can be directed to email@example.com